Every two years, the Port of Hamburg becomes a catwalk for cruise ships with hundreds of thousand of enthusiastic spectators. The Hamburg Cruise Days have become an established event at the waterfront in Hamburg and have developed an appeal which extends far beyond the boundaries of Hamburg and indeed of Germany itself.
Hamburg Convention Bureau and Hamburg Marketing GmbH have compiled some very impressive facts and results of a visitor survey in a recent documentation booklet.
Short and sweet, some very impressive facts and figures of last year´s event:
- Around 500,000 visitors made their way to the waterfront in Hamburg from 8 – 10 September 2017
- 1116 visitors were interviewed over the course of the 3 days – 42% were experienced cruisers, 34% said that the event had increased their desire to book a cruise
- 15 Theme Islands brought the magic of cruises on to dry land
- Successful connection between public and business events – more than 1 in 10 of those interviewed were aware of the trade events that took place in the event week in Hamburg, particularly Seatrade Europe.
- Overwhelming media response nationally (+300% in comparison to 2015) and internationally
- New ship record for Hamburg: 11 cruise ships docked in the city´s port
- Biggest parade ever in the event´s history – 5 ships, 24 escort ships, more than 2 km of maritime catwalk
You want more key results of the visitor survey and some further impressions of the last event?
Then have a look at „The Hamburg Cruise Days 2017 Brochure“ edited by Hamburg Convention Bureau and Hamburg Marketing GmbH yourself.
And of course: Save the date for the next Hamburg Cruise Days! 13 -15 September 2019
Hamburg Cruise Days 2017 - Highlights, Results, Visitor Survey
DownloadsHamburg Cruise Days 2017-Highlights, Results, Visitor Survey